Friday, February 6, 2009

Lagniappe

Sometimes there are surprises when I dump my card after a shoot. Not often, but when there is one, it's lagniappe--that something extra which was unforeseen but good.

This one was snapped when I was pacing in a parking lot waiting for someone to come out of the building. I was hanging out in a photographer's nightmare: a gazillion cars, snowbanks, and the flat boring landscape of big-box Williston.

And I saw this, as you see it now--wholly untouched except for making it smaller for the web. When I looked at it, on my screen at home, I was startled by how much it looked like a painting. And, those of you who know me, know that I'm a black and white photographer and a black and white person. But occasionally I stumble out of my groove.

No comments:

Post a Comment