Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Going in Circles

I ran across this note in the Public Forum Notes from Chittenden County (on CD from Sarah) June 2008:

"Transportation is an issue. VT is very spread out – hard to get places. One person said even getting to Burlington from Essex Junction was difficult."

I'm scratching my head because I know that one of the two prime influences that changed Vermont in a major way some 40 years ago was the construction of I-89. The change came because by means of the highway, it was EASY to "get off the farm"--to commute to Burlington for the job market.

Maybe our art should consist of medieval wheel of fortune images? With some regularity it seems the same issues rise and fall in some mystifyingly structured order.

Are we condemned to always have the same history repeating itself for each generation?

No comments:

Post a Comment